To complete this tutorial you will need:
1. Robo Code Basics
Turn the Main Block on and connect to the Robo App.
Create a new project to continue with the tutorial
2. Robo Code Coding Interface
Welcome to your Coding Screen or canvas, here you can find different buttons & icons.
- Play /Stop Button - Press it to try out or stop your code
- Save / Exit Button - Press it to return to your Coding Lab
- Actions Dock - Here you can find all Actions and Conditions to program.
- Connection Mode button: Tap this button to enter connection mode where you can connect states together.
- Trash Bin: Use it to delete the Actions or Connections.
- Glossary: Press the question sign in the upper left corner of the screen to go to the special glossary and read in details about all the Robo Code
3. Adding & Combining Actions
Actions - Coding icons which look like bubbles and perform an output task. There are 4 types of Actions in the Action Dock – Sounds, Visuals, Movement and Specials.
Adding Actions on the canvas
Connection: Combining the Actions into a Sequence
Play the code
Create a State
Please note: It’s not possible to combine actions that use the same block into one state.
4. Adding & Combining Conditions
Conditions are coding icons which look like red stickers and have to be placed on the Connection between 2 Actions. Conditions regulate if this Transitions between 2 Actions happens.
Adding a Condition
5. Exiting & Saving Your Project
Press the Save & Exit Button to exit to your Coding Lab, your project will be saved automatically.